[nexa] EU Software Patent Court stopped by Constitutional Court, patent industry will try again | FFII Blog

Guido Noto La Diega noto.la.diega at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 10:53:02 CET 2020

 Passaggi chiave della sentenza:
1. The Agreement on a Unified Patent Court (UPC) has been ratified by means
of the Act of Approval. This was passed using the ordinary legislative
procedure (majority of 50%+1)
2. The UPC Agreement conferred judicial functions to a supranational court
and set out that this court would have had exclusive competence to decide
on certain legal disputes.
3. An act that ratifies an international treaty that is closely tied to the
EU´s integration agenda must comply with Article 23(1) of the Constitution,
which regulates the transfer of sovereign powers to the EU
4. The UPC would have transferred sovereign powers and affected citizens
fundamental rights under the Constitution, therefore its ratification would
have required a 2/3 majority in the Parliament.

La decisione 2 BvR 739/17 e' disponibile all'indirizzo
https://www.bundesverfassungsgericht.de/SharedDocs/Entscheidungen/DE/2020/02/rs20200213_2bvr073917.html;jsessionid=CEC30614A1C6082FB896EFD8C0944E8B.1_cid383

--

Guido

*Guido Noto La Diega*, PhD FHEA Avv

*Associate Professor of Intellectual Property and Privacy Law @stirlaw
<https://twitter.com/StirLaw>*

Visiting Professor @unimc
<http://giurisprudenza.unimc.it/it/dipartimento/dipartimento-di-eccellenza/bandi-visiting-professor>
<https://nexa.polito.it/about-en> | Researcher @CRISP
<https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.crisp-surveillance.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cj.c.bell%40northumbria.ac.uk%7Cb70b6de84b2e46733fd308d7bf57afef%7Ce757cfdd1f354457af8f7c9c6b1437e3%7C0%7C0%7C637188255649329053&sdata=9LRPAtHqHOm%2FayO0UdLChTZOan50sxvUeS4NZ2xzUR4%3D&reserved=0>

E: notoladiega at gmail.com

W: @guidonld <https://twitter.com/guidonld?lang=en>

Recent papers and research

‘Can Permissionless Blockchains be Regulated and Resolve Some of the
Problems of Copyright Law?
<https://www.researchgate.net/publication/329443906_Can_Permissionless_Blockchains_be_Regulated_and_Resolve_Some_of_the_Problems_of_Copyright_Law>’
(2019)

‘Artificial Intelligence and Databases in the Age of Big Machine Data
<https://www.researchgate.net/publication/332607578_Artificial_Intelligence_and_databases_in_the_age_of_big_machine_data>’
(2019)

‘Against the dehumanisation of decision-making
<https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3188080>’ (2018)

Visit SSRN
<https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=1794950>,
ResearchGate <https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Guido_Noto_La_Diega>,
and Academia.edu <http://northumbria.academia.edu/GuidoNotoLaDiega> for
open access to my research

Stirling Law School, Pathfoot Building, Stirling, FK9 4LA, United Kingdom