[nexa] Rodrik: "Technology for All"

J.C. DE MARTIN demartin at polito.it
Mon Mar 9 19:14:18 CET 2020

Welcome to the club, Professor Rodrik! :-)

jc

*Technology for All**
*
Mar 6, 2020

DANI RODRIK

/Technological change does not follow its own direction, but rather is
shaped by moral frames, incentives, and power. If we think more about
how innovation can be directed to serve society, we can afford to worry
less about how we should adjust to it.//
/
CAMBRIDGE – We live in a world with an ever-widening chasm between the
skills of the “average” worker and the capabilities demanded by frontier
technologies. Robots, software, and artificial intelligence have
increased corporate profits and raised demand for skilled professionals.
But they replace factory, sales, and clerical workers – hollowing out
the traditional middle class. This “skills gap” contributes to deepening
economic inequality and insecurity and ultimately to political
polarization – the signal problems of our time.

Continua qui:

https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/shaping-technological-innovation-to-serve-society-by-dani-rodrik-2020-03